Friday, April 17, 2020

A Fine Day

Suzanne took me to WinCo and I stocked up on heavier items. Even more exciting, I got to RIDE IN A CAR again! I bought a big cauliflower and when I got home, put it in the slow cooker, along with seasonings. Had that for what you might call "undinner" because see later.
After lunch, Ellen called and said she was going to Lowe's, did I want her to stop over? Oh, hey, does a bear...I mean, yes, yes, I did. We sat on the patio and, because she was there, I had a glass of wine--in fact, two glasses--while we chatted and laughed and it was so good. She intends to paint her fence, now that she's on spring break, so went to Lowe's for the paint. She brought me a bag of coffee from Greg--he didn't like the flavor, but I bet I will--and best of all, her own unique self. She also solved an annoying circumstance for me:
Several years ago, one of my children--it may have been Mike--gave me an IPod Shuffle. I always has it in my ear to listen to music while I walked the park at Kimball every 7:00 am. Unfortunately, I somehow broke it and I missed it. Looked on line for one and they no longer make them. I guess a substitute is an MP3 or whatever it is, but I looked it up and they're expensive. Mentioned my disappointment to El and she told me I could listen via my phone. What? How? After discussion, it turned out the ear piece from the broken devise fit perfectly in the phone and I could hear music over it--oh, joy!
El stayed for a good hour or a bit longer, leaving about 5:30. I had had some pretzels with my wine, so wasn't a bit hungry and just scarfed down a bowl of cauliflower (undinner) and left for the park. Did my three miles, no longer walking alone, but with Nat, Frank, Judy, and the gang. Got home at 7:00 and, of course, it was still light out, warm and sunny--another gorgeous day in Paradise.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...