Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Taxes, Rent, And Bees

I did it! I finally got the income tax crapola pulled together, copied, and sent off to Michelle! I took it to the post office, after considering just walking it to her place, which isn't that far. I decided against it, though, thinking she might not want to get it that way.
Sent to my tenant, Eileen, the quarterly water bill, which for some unknown reason, the municipality won't allow changing the name on. Therefore, they send it to me in California and I send it to her in Jersey to pay. Went to Von's for lettuce, broccoli, and bread.
I called another attorney about the--as I see it--double charge for utilities. Talked to John J. Mahoney for a few minutes. He was very nice and asked some pertinent questions, but wasn't giving me any advice over the phone (nor should he). He said he charged $150 an hour for an actual consultation. I certainly wasn't about to retain him, but I might consider trying to get a few more tenants interested, so we could do that. I met Michelle as I was walking to the P.O. and she said she was interested. However, she's somewhat of a loose cannon and there would need to be others. I'd be leery about approaching Suzanne, since she's a nun and other-worldly and the only other people I know are Leah, who just moved in, Patrick and I think he drinks a lot, and Gordon, who could be a possibility, I guess.
Walked to the park, then around it, so put in my daily five-mile and maybe a bit more. The signs are still up, of course, but since the walking path around the fields aren't cordoned off, I don't see a problem. Funnily, there was another sign, too, but I didn't see any critters buzzing around. I think the fact this sign was put up shows people are expected to be there to read it.
Betty called with some confused story about some priest at St. James of years ago, but I kind of enjoyed it. I called T.O.P.S. member, Lora, who has a travel business--now, of course, dead in the water, I'm afraid.
I un-planted the lilies, removed the pot, and re-planted, after adding a shot of Miracle-Gro. I want to put the hydrangea in the ground today. My Scarlet Parasol still looks sickly, I'm afraid and I'll have to look up how to save it:
But, hey, I'm not complaining: I got the taxes done and the day turned out absolutely lovely: sunny and warm--in the low seventies, but with no humidity-- and great walking weather.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...