Saturday, April 11, 2020

Going Out And Goings On

Darn, I fell asleep quickly, but woke up in the early hours and couldn't get back for the longest time. I assume that's because, aside from my trek to Von's, I was in all day yesterday, due to the rain.
Happily, it was a good day, otherwise. I walked to Smart 'n' Final for salmon and a few other items and it felt so good. It's only 1.3 miles, so a tad more than two-and-a-half round trip, but I walked after lunch, too--see later.
My cousin, John, called and I enjoyed talking to him. As I mentioned, he's what you'd call eccentric, but so what--better than boring, in my book. He had been to see my cousin (actually, cousin by marriage, the wife of my recently deceased cousin, Tom), who's in a North Wales, PA facility. She's had several strokes and can't talk, but John said she was mentally sound, so I wrote her a note. I did it in longhand, so I dunno if she--or anybody else on earth--will be able to read it.
Lunched, then took the footbridge and path to Kimball, which was so refreshing. I called Betty when I got there to tell her about John's call. Sadly, she didn't quite remember who he is, but we had a good chat, anyway. I totaled up my walk miles and was surprised to see it was a bit more than six. Wow, it didn't seem that I had put that much it, but I was glad I did.
Sent a text to Suzanne with the picture of my hydrangea and she sent an enthusiastic note back. In truth, I see no reason at all why we couldn't visit; we could easily sit six feet apart and talk. However, I won't suggest it, as Suzanne is clearly following all the newly-proclaimed rules and regs, whether they make sense or not.  It's not that I think she'd refuse, if I asked her; I think she'd agree because she such a kind and generous person, but then it would make her uncomfortable. (If she suggests it, I'll do it in a shot.)
Niece Carolyn called and we talked for a full hour. I do think Betty appreciates what her only daughter does for her--some of the time. And sometimes, she doesn't.
I was just about to sit down for dinner when Sharon, from the T.O.P.S. group called. I didn't want to cut her off, so chatted with her. She's got a lot on her plate: very obese, serious diabetes, a huge family, several generations of which seem to move in periodically. I like her, though, and enjoyed talking to her.     


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...