Saturday, April 18, 2020

Money, A Message, And Music

I noticed that the $1200 government "gift"--or whatever it is--was put in my checking account. I transferred a thou to savings with a ho-hum feeling. Years ago, when we were often at least slightly worried about money, we could have used it. It isn't that I can't use it now, but I really don't need it. I emailed my children to the effect that if any needed it, they could have it. None do.
Walked to the market near Wal-Mart and was delighted to find they again have the rice cakes I like. These are only 20 calories each, as opposed to Quaker's 45 or so, and yes, they taste like cardboard, but with a little butter spray and parm added, they're not bad.
I was having lunch when I got a message on my phone to the effect that "Charles Blackford" was using Betty's phone for an "emergency message" and it was being sent to me because "Robert has listed you as emergency contact." What in the world could this mean? I was 90 percent sure it was some kind of scam, but called Betty just in case it wasn't. She had no idea what it could be, but we had a nice chat, anyway. Later, her daughter, Carolyn, called and we discussed it, both mystified.
Left for the park about 4:00, pleased that it was still pleasantly warm and sunny. This time, I took Elvis with me. He sang a number of songs with which I'm not familiar, but as ever, was in wonderful voice.
After dinner, I idly checked Facebook and saw that my cousin, Marifran, had noted that, on YouTube, the movie of The Phantom of the Opera was free to watch. I tuned it in and greatly enjoyed the first hour or so (always loved "The Music of the Night"), After that, Betty called yet again and I put the movie on hold; will watch the rest tonight.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...