Monday, April 20, 2020

Feeling Better And A Fence

I was determined not to allow yesterday to get as dreary as Saturday and it didn't.  After breakfast and my usual Sunday crossword (I look forward to it all week), I cleaned up, then took off for Wal-Mart with my cart. 
I want to use vinegar and baking soda for cleaning, as it actually does a better job on some things, plus it's a lot better for the environment. I bought a gallon of vinegar and a large box of baking soda, then stopped at the market for onions and peppers.
After lunch, I did my food prep for what I had just bought: chopped the six onions and cut the peppers into strips. I reserved some of the onions for last night (stir-fried them with mushrooms) and stowed both in the freezer. I always like to have those on hand, ready to cook. Then, I took Elvis and others and walked to the park. Hearing him sing Amazing Grace, I again appreciated his--well, amazing voice. Wow. I not only walked the footpath to the park, I circumvented it, which added another mile and a quarter. Along with the morning walk, that added up to roughly seven; I felt good about that. I was pleased to see a little "library"--a free book setup next to the walking path--and helped myself to two. I'll look over what I have and add some. I probably have no more than eighty or ninety books now--I gave away several hundred before I left Jersey. Now I use the library a lot, although I do still buy some books. Oh, I forgot: I used to use the library before this blight of companionship and commerce, descended on us.
Luckily, the sun came out and most of the day was warm and pleasant. I felt so much better than I had, especially after a chat with Ellen, the Tom Sawyer of Ojai. She painted her fence!
 Here's before:
Here's after:


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...