Saturday, April 25, 2020

We're Havin' A Heat Wave...

Yep, it was hot as hell yesterday and it's going to stay hot--see below.  I got over to Von's after breakfast and had every intention of hopping a bus in the afternoon to once again enjoy walking The Promenade, now that it's "open" again. I guess I was in a wild mood: I even skipped my usual huge salad for lunch and defrosted the rest of the pasta dish I had made last week and ate that. What's more, I had a beer with it, so shoot me.
I even took a short nap after--or tried to. I may have dozed for fifteen or so, but then got up. Decided to take that bus into town. By the time I got to the bus stop, though, it was fiercely hot and I thought it would be foolhardy to walk the walk, so I went home.
I no sooner got in than Ellen called to see if I'd like her to come over and visit for a bit. Oh, yes, of course, and we can sit near the pool (closed, of course) where there are chairs and tables with umbrellas. Just after we said goodbye, I got a call from New Mexico and had a good chat. I no sooner hung up from her than Betty called and we talked for a bit.
El got over about 4:30 and we sat by the pool, as planned. I had brought pretzels and a beer and she had iced tea in a thermos. We  had a good, far-ranging talk and she stayed until about 6:00. She had given me a plant stand holding six pots, but I decided I was just going to put in perennials, so asked if she wanted it back. She did and took it with her.
My apartment is really not unbearably hot, happily. In fact, I have a fan on a stand, but haven't even gotten it out of the closet--no need. It's supposed to be cooler today, in which case, I'll see if going into town and walking The Promenade is doable.
Ventura, CA
Friday
Clear
Clear
87
°F | °C
Precipitation: 0%
Humidity: 54%
Wind: 8 mph
Temperature
Precipitation
Wind

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...