Sunday, April 05, 2020

Down, But Then Up

I've had better days. Rain had been predicted, of course, with great alarm expressed by the Ventura County Star--head for the hills, everybody, it's going to rain!  Okay, I'm exaggerating, but they did run an article above the fold that warned of possible thundershowers. What actually happened was a light shower in the morning and a few little drizzles here and there, but otherwise, just gray and lowering clouds, my least favorite kind of weather.
I cleaned the kitchen counters and what's on them, which I've been meaning to do since Hector was a pup. (I've always liked that expression and would love to find a dog named Hector. Not have one, you understand, but meet one.) Swept the outside entrances to my and Suzanne's door.
I tried to order the fifth season of Will & Grace on Amazon, but there seemed to be a screw-up. I want the actual physical DVD, but they wanted send it to me electronically--or something. I ordered and it "rang up" as much more than I had thought it would. I cancelled and they refunded, but it was frustrating.
My daughters and I spoke and saw each other on Facebook Messages--I never even knew you could do that until Mike did on Saturday. We just talked for a short time.  After that, I called Jeanne Dollard P. and she asked if she could get back to me in just a minute. She hasn't called back yet.
Had lunch, then played Solitaire at the kitchen table. My mood wasn't improved when I remembered my mother used to do that. She was lonely and so was I.
I decided it would help to get out, so I took my cart over to Von's. They finally have Plexiglas at the cashier lines, but still no masks for employees. I got romaine, Brussels sprouts, salad dressing,  sponges, and an enormous cauliflower, which I intend to prepare in the slow cooker and feast on tonight. I also decided to treat myself and got a yam. I almost never eat anything in the potato family, but once is a while is no prob.
Got home and was mopey--until Ellen called on Facebook Messaging. I told her how I felt and she was sympathetic. She suggested some things and mntioned again that I should have a virtual happy hour with my friends. You know, now that I understand I can do it on Facebook, I'll call Nancy this morning and see if we can set it up. I actually did call El back that way as an experiment and was delighted that I could see her on the laptop.
My mood improved after talking to El and I had my weird dinner: spinach, peas, and the yam, which was yum.



No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...