Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Byrne's Beach

I thought it was a stroke of genius for my niece, Carolyn, to send out a message to family and others, asking them to write to Betty through the actual U.S. Post Office. Many agreed to do so and of course, I will. What's wonderfully coincidental is that last week, I came across the following, a kind of (extended) family newsletter I had created thirty-five years ago.
I had sent out a teaser first, telling everybody to be on the watch for it, then sent the first "edition," dated January, 1985. It chronicles the comings and goings and doings of our big family and everybody got a kick out of it.
I thought it was the perfect mail to send Betty, so I copied it, added the teaser and sent it off. Since I thought they'd enjoy it, too, I sent the same to my three brothers.  
(Hmm, after I added the above, this damn machine is refusing to start at the left margin--guess I'll have to make do with the center.)
After I had copied and otherwise prepared it all, I walked to the P.O. to mail them. I'll send the second edition tomorrow; unfortunately , that's all I ever got around to doing originally. That was odd, as I didn't have anything else to do: just care for a house, a husband, four children, a full-time job, and college classes.
Stopped at Von's for romaine, batteries, and Oxy-Clean on my way home. Put in a load of whites. adding the aforementioned (I can't help myself!), and they came out beautifully. Had lunch, then set off for my walk. I called Betty once I reached Kimball Park and we had a good chat. I didn't tell her what I had sent--I want it to be a surprise. We said goodbye and I started off again, the ran into Diane, one of my walking buddies from when I did Kimball at 7 every morning. We talked for about twenty minutes, conscientiously standing blah, blah, blah. She and Irene still walk everyday and she invited me to join them, but I've gotten out of the early-walk habit and prefer later.
Went on my way and circumnavigated the park, then walked home via the bridge. I figured this was a good five, at least, and probably a bit more. It was a gorgeous day, 70 degrees and sunny, but with a gentle breeze. 
Had another vegan meal--black beans, cabbage, and butternut squash, but today, I think I'll bake the chicken I had in the freezer. 
Talked to Ellen. She has a Zoom meeting with her colleagues this morning and this afternoon, we'll zoom together and she'll show me her newly-arranged home office.
(This being forced to be aligned in the middle in driving me crazy!) 



No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...