Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Monday

Breakfast, then walked to Smart 'n' Final for lettuce and bananas (round trip, 2.5 miles).  Got home and put a white wash in, with bleach. Once that's gone, I won't buy more and will just go with the Oxyclean.
I also ran the fully loaded dishwasher, putting vinegar in a second rinse. Speaking of same, I tried the baking soda/vinegar toilet bowl clearing. I think it actually worked pretty well, but there's still--annoyingly--a very faint ring.
When I got the mail, I was furious to see another bill for utilities; this time, it's $64.87. I'm going to try to get to some kind of housing authority person today and find out how this can be legal.
For some reason, Suzanne sent me a long, long message quoting some doctor or other expounding on the Corona virus. Why in the world she would think I don't already have the virus info up to my ears and, if I ever wanted to know more, couldn't just consult the Internet, is beyond me. I wonder if she disapproves of my daily walks, but why would she? Dunno, but I'm tired of the constant barrage of info--and lectures and sermonizing--about the damn virus. I get it, I'm careful to do what's recommended, but I'm not going to obsess about it.
The mask I've been using, left over from the Thomas fire a few years ago, is getting pretty worn and it's also uncomfortable. I knew that Robyn, my niece-in-law (Betty's son's wife) makes and sells masks, so I messaged her and asked her to send me two. I sent her a check for them and hope they come soon.
Betty called and we had a fun talk. We can tell each other things we couldn't with anybody else. I'm glad that's still possible, but I don't know for how long.
I threw my old rule, never to drink alone, out the window last night. I just decided to give myself a treat, so had two glasses of  pinot grigio with pretzels while I watched my hour of T.V.  I enjoyed them, but after the bottle's gone, I won't continue it as a habit--I'm too much aware of what could happen.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...