Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Tuesday

There seems to be a run on butter spray,  just like toilet paper--I can't imagine why. Von's didn't have it for days and when I went yesterday, they had them, but at $3.99 each. What? The last time I bought them there, they were two for five. I decided to go to Ralph's for them. Walked there and they had none. Went across to Wal-Mart and they didn't have any, either. I was able to get blueberries at the market, though.
Lunch, then called the Ventura housing office. I had gotten this month's "utilities bill"--really a rent increase--and it was $64.87, as opposed to last month's $46. I'm going to call the Ventura Bar Association tomorrow to see if I can find an attorney who will fight this on a contingency fee.
Betty called and we just chatted a bit. After lunch, I walked the path to the park in a wonderful, sunny, blue-sky, 70-degree or so day. I took two books to put in the little "library" somebody put in the park, plus a note of thanks.
Had a vegan dinner: broccoli, zucchini, and the rest of the mushrooms and onions. Ran into Lauren and her little girl, Brindley while I was taking the trash out and we had a nice chat. I want to have her, her mother, Andrea, and Brindley over for lunch if we ever get out of this virus prison.
Ellen called and we had a good talk. I'm hoping we can arrange for us to see each other sometime over the weekend.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...