Sunday, November 10, 2019

Slow Saturday

Did some food prep in the morning: trimmed and cooked a bunch of asparagus, froze grapes, and combined lentils in the slow cooker with chicken broth and vegetable "juice."
I had intended to walk the back way to Wal-Mart and other stores, but when I went out, it felt like ninety degrees--very hot and not even a breeze. I jettisoned the idea of walking and took a bus. Got tissues and sweetener, then bused back. Lunched, then walked over to Von's for oranges. Picked up some lettuce and a kind of popcorn mix, too.
After that, I was at loose ends, lonely and bored, as I often am on weekends. I know that happens when I don't have much to do or people to see and on Saturdays and Sundays, everybody seems to be otherwise occupied. I even took a short nap in the afternoon.
Perked up a bit later and made a ground turkey stir-fry for dinner. I noticed that the Teflon pan seemed to have lost a bit of surface. Checked with the Internet to see if it Teflon is poisonous; it is, in temps over 500, but I didn't know hot it gets to on the store. The upshot was, I remembered the starving children in Europe I had heard about all through my childhood if I didn't want to finish my dinner, so I ate the stir-fry anyway, but took the pan to the dumpster. I'll look for another soon.
I did enjoy getting back to Downton and episode three of the third season. I even watched one of the additions that come with the set. It's always interesting and a bit disconcerting to see the actors in their real, present day looks: Lord Grantham in a polo shirt and ladies maid Anna with heavy eye makeup makes me smile.   

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...