Saturday, November 30, 2019

Draggy

In contrast to Friday, it was a somewhat slow, draggy, and irritating Saturday. It raining lightly in the morning, then stopped, then started up again. After breakfast, I prepared the little ornaments I had gotten for my sweet boy in Japan. Now that was frustrating because of the damn price and other info stickers on them. It took me twenty minutes to get them off by scraping with my fingernail, using a pair of scissors and finally wetting a washcloth and rubbing. I didn't want to use fingernail polish remover because the idea is for him to paint them and I didn't want to mar the finish. Here they are, with the results of my labors (they look like metal or plastic, but are light wood):
20191130_095415.jpg
I tried something on this blog: I had written out a long complaint about the letter from management, but it occurred to me it's really boring, so I copied and made it a comment. I had to "publish," then "revert to draft," and I guess I won't know until I actually final-publish it if it works. Anyway, if anyone cares, it can be read below.
Finally got the ornaments prepared and packaged and walked to the P.O. to mail them. In addition, I mailed son Mike's second birthday card with a gift card enclosed. At that time, it wasn't raining, but boy, it was chilly. I just checked and it was 51 to 54 degrees yesterday!
Fooled around on the laptop, did some domestic chores, then had lunch. Ellen called just to say hello and we had a nice mother-daughter chat. After, I thought I'd get a bus to town, but by the time I got to the stop, it was raining again. Although I was bundled up with a lined raincoat, scarf, and gloves, it was just too cold and miserable and after waiting a few minutes (my "wheresmybus" app said it would be along in 9 minutes), I gave up and went home.
Other than that, nothing went on.
P.S. Yay, the comment stayed on.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

It started with the expected communication from my apartment owners--now called "Sofi Ventura." Naturally, it began with how happy the sons of bitches are to have me!, then segued into improvements to make my experience heaven on earth! and guess what, great news: I'll be shelling out more money! Plus I can now welcome a doggy into my living area!

And so on.

I may be exaggerating a bit, but each of the first three paragraphs actually did end with an exclamation point, the unnecessary use of which is the mark of the illiterate. Anyway, it seems we will now have to pay for sewer and trash collection, as well as electricity, which we already paid. This will be calculated by some complicated formulas I can't even fathom, PLUS--this is what I find infuriating--a monthly service fee of $3.99 just to thank them for taking my money.

This seven-page (they used both side of the sheets) also includes a rise in the late rent fee to $75 per occurrence. I don't know what it was before because I was never late, but I'm sure was lower. Other changes are that no smoking is allowed anywhere, which is immaterial to me, but seems iffy of people are paying to live in a place. Isn't it a violation of civil rights or something? I guess the animal thing is one of the worse changes. Of course, people have to pay more, but one of the reasons I like it here is that pets were not allowed. Naturally, the letter uses all the smarmy, second-grade wording about this, such as "our furry friends." Oh, by the way, they'll also "possibly" be adding a pet park and washing station--can't wait.

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...