Friday, November 01, 2019

Thursday

After breakfast, I worked on the play. I keep revising and added and am still not satisfied, but am making progress. Spent about an hour on it, then walked the back way to the Hill Street library branch to take return the book on Kim Sung Un. I forgot their Thursday hours are 2:00 to 6:00, so just dropped it off. Continued on to Victoria and stopped for carrots and mushrooms; took the bus home.
Scrubbed and trimmed the two pounds of carrots and put them in the slow cooker with four cut-up tangerines. Added a bit of cinnamon and let 'er go while I bused to town.
For a change, I took the 16, got off at Thompson, and walked to The Promenade.  It was a gorgeous day--pure blue sky, sun sparkling off the water, a gentle breeze. It's been weeks since I walked there and it was so enjoyable. It was hard to realize that not that far away, California was being ravaged by fire.
Circled up to Main and caught a bus to the Mall. Went to Target for my supply of blueberries--three pounds, so I'm good for three evenings. Called Gail as I bused back; I was pleased to hear she could go with me to the "Rumors" production next Friday.
As I approached my door, I saw Suzanne. She told me that a tree down the street had fallen and brought down electric wires. We went out to look and boy, the tree fell right where I had walked in the morning.
Got a call from Betty, who wanted to know if I could tell her when the Santa Barbara bus went to church this morning; it seems it's a holy day. Asking me isn't as silly as it sounds, as I do have the SB bus book. However, I couldn't find it. She called me several more times and I advised her to call the transportation company (they have only a recording), see if one of her neighbors was going (she doesn't know anyone who is), or pray at home (ha!). I finally suggested she just go to the bus stop and wait until one comes alone.
My brother, Jim, also called. He said our niece, Joan, had called him and left a message, but he didn't have her number. Why? Because he doesn't use his cell phone. So  I gave him both Joan's numbers, home and cell.
After we hung up, the book title occurred to me, as it often does after I talk to my siblings: And I Alone Survived. 



No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...