Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Gail, Terri, Betty, Ellen, Greg, Roz, Anthony, And Rain

I met Gail out front at 9:00 and we went via the side gate over the freeway foot path. I walk pretty briskly, but she's a lot faster (she's a mere kid at 69); however, I  I managed to keep up. We walked up to Telephone, then looped around and back over the freeway bridge, probably a total two and a half miles.. She stopped into my place and we had a good visit. I showed her the many pictures of relatives--both past and present--I have displayed and explained who they are. We then sat and talked about various topics.
Gail, who lives in the same house as her ex-husband for financial reasons, is a rather mild, self-effacing person, who tends to avoid confrontation. However, I like her and was pleased when she suggested we see a movie together. We both want to see Knives Out--Nancy wants to see it, too--so we'll keep in touch.
Walked over to Von's for lettuce (they took the Romaine off the shelf, so I got green leaf) and some frozen veggies. As I was making my big salad for lunch, Terri called, asking if I wanted to go shopping. Well, sure, and I met her across the way at CVS, then we went to Wal-Mart. I was glad to get some heavy things--olive oil and apple wine vinegar--plus grapes and a head of iceberg for today. Of course, I could have gotten them at Von's, but Von's prices are considerably higher.
Terri dropped me at the entrance, where Gabe saw me and said he had sprayed the first coat on the ceiling. When it dries, he'll do the second. Got my mail and was amazed to see my S.S. card had come already. Great--now I'll go back to the D.M.V. for the third time and let's hope that's a charm.
Betty called twice with the same complaints about a non-existent problem. I'm know this will get worse and I'm sick at heart about it. All I can do is listen.
Ellen called after dinner to tell me Greg had gone to Santa Barbara and gotten his mother, Roz, bringing her back to El's. There's another fire in the hills over SB and the air quality is poor.  Roz has COPD, so they don't want her to risk staying there.  That means we may have Thanksgiving in Ojai or--if they decide to go back to SB--at Harry's, as had been planned. I don't care which, of course, I'll just go wit the flow.
El asked if she could bring Roz over today and yes, sure, I'd like that. She does have Hershel with her--they couldn't very well leave him behind--and my apartment complex isn't supposed to allow animals, even to visit. However, I said, don't worry, I'll bring you in the side gate, you can park in my spot, and we'll just spirit Hershel in.
Another complication is that Anthony, who is Greg's nephew and Roz'es grandson, goes to UCSB and was to have been with us tomorrow. If we don't go to Harry's, I don't know how that's going to work out, but I guess the world will continue turning.
Big news: IT'S RAINING!

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...