Monday, November 18, 2019

Sunday

I stayed up late watching the last season 3, disc 3  of Downton Abbey, then slept yesterday until 7:30. Got up for coffee, but didn't  have breakfast until after 9:00. Did my usual Sunday things, then chopped a cabbage and quartered apples to put in the slow cooker.  Ellen called to ask if I wanted to go to Wal-Mart. I did, we went,  and combined with my WinCo visit on Saturday, I'm all stocked up with provisions that can be stored.
We discussed Thanksgiving; not sure where we'll be, but as I told her, I don't care if we have sandwiches in the park, as long as I'm with you and Greg. And I will be.
I let El out the gate and had no sooner walked in the door when Stella called. She was going to her condo a few miles from her and asked if I wanted to go. Sure thing, and she picked me up.
Wow. When she said "condo," I pictured something like my nice-enough, but modest, apartment like mine. Hardly. It's a large, three bedroom, two bath, two car garage house, with three patios and a big fireplace in the living room. However, it definitely needs work.
Stella had lived here with her son seventeen years ago. When she married Arthur, he sold his place in Camarillo and they bought the house in Oakview.  They kept this and have had it rented, as I have mine in Jersey. However, the tenants who just moved out had two dogs and clearly, didn't keep the place up. Stella has a handy man who is doing a lot of work in the place, and when it's restored, it should bring a pretty penny in rent.
After Stella drove me home, she asked if I'd like to go to town to the "Wine Walk" they were having yesterday. I was sorely tempted, but declined with thanks. I already had my romaine and other salad fixings prepared for lunch and besides, I've been out so much lately, I just decided no.
Ate, then, incredibly, I spent almost the whole rest of the day watching myself in Steel Magnolias, which I did with LETCO nine years ago. I thought I'd cringe at my performance, but actually, I wasn't half bad. That took until about 6:30 and I get antsy if I don't get some walking in. I went out in the dark and walked over to Von's the longer way, then around the shopping center and back again.
I must call Nancy today and ask her to bring the next season of Downton Abbey to our widder dinner tonight.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

I'm glad you're enjoying Downton Abbey. We all loved it. I want to see the movie. I just hope it comes back around or I'll have a long wait until it's on HBO or somewhere. I know you saw it and loved it. Lucky you.

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...