Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Oxnard And The Abbey

Stripped my bed and did two large loads of wash--bleach and dark--getting finished by 10:30. Called Nancy to say I was at the end of the first three seasons of D.A., and would she please bring the next ones to the widder dinner. She would, she said.
Went over to Von's for lettuce, (I varied the formula with green leaf), had lunch, then took off. I needed blueberries, so thought I'd go to the Target in Oxnard, then stop in to see Greg. To get there, you board the the 21 bus to the Esplanade, then switch to the 17, which takes you another mile and a half or so to The Collection. I had noticed on other trips that it might be walkable, so decided to try it. I did and it was.
Got four pounds  of blueberries, then went over and chatted with Greg. We discussed Thanksgiving and, as I told Ellen, I'm indifferent as to where or even what, as long as I'm with the two of them.
Left and got the first of two buses, then the other. Stopped to see Bianca, former manager, who now labors under the grandiose term of "community director" (it is to laugh). She had called and I was getting back to her. She told me the stuff for the ceiling wouldn't come in until Friday or Monday.  I complained a bit, but really, I don't much care.
Jumped in the shower, dressed, and left for the widder dinner. Bused to Telephone and walked the rest of the way. It was a good crowd, with the regulars and a few newbies. I had brought the first three D.A. discs and--happy day!--Nancy the next ones. Betty called before we were served to 1. ask if I was coming today (I am); and 2. tell me her debit card doesn't work. (I said we'd stop at her bank while I'm there.) Good talk and fellowship, then Hana, who is a hospice R.N., took me home.
I put on my p.j.s, got my blueberries, and was transported to the U.K.


No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...