Friday, November 22, 2019

Here And There

After breakfast, I walked down Victoria to Telephone, got a bus there to Market, and arrived at the D.M.V. by 11:00. Unfortunately, not all the crapola required to get a "Real I.D." was in my envelope. It's too long and involved to go into, but I needed something "official" with my S.S. number on it, and I had overlooked that (I haven't had an S.S. card for years; have no idea what I did with it). I immediately took a bus to the Social Security office--luckily, it's not far--and waited for almost an hour for my number to be called. I then filled out a form and the S.S. guy gave me a receipt with the info that I could expect the card in the mail within two weeks. Okay.
I walked home the back way, enjoying the scenic view from the footbridge:
20191119_090656.jpg
Walked over to Von's with my little cart and got paper products and other things.  I had completely forgotten the T.O.P.S. covered dish (today, at nine o'clock in the morning!) and considered just not bringing anything. However, at Von's I bought olives and pickles, and will bring them for appetizers.*
After lunch, I hopped on a bus to town and the library. Took the Capote bio back and picked up a new bio on JFK, Jr. I haven't started Nausea yet, except for the intro, but I'll put that on the back burner.
Called Betty and we had a long talk I don't want to describe. I asked her to cool it re a certain upset and I hope she will. Sadly, her disordered thinking seems to be shading into paranoia, especially about money.
* What gets me about this so-called weight loss group is the eternal emphasis on food. Not only do they have this anything-but-low-calorie meal, but we go out to eat at times, also. In addition, we don't meet next Friday. Why? Because it's the day after Thanksgiving. The stated reason is because a lot of people go away for the holiday. Well, yes, but a lot don't, and I'm willing to bet most of our members will be here. The real reason, I'm pretty sure, is the assumption that everybody will eat themselves under the table and won't want to get weighed. 





No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...