Sunday, November 24, 2019

Bopping Around And Betty

Slept well, getting up at 6:30. Did the usual Sunday stuff, even finishing the Newsweek crossword puzzle. I took off for Wal-Mart after breakfast. It was a beautiful day and I walked there. Found the red tights I wanted to go with the Christmas blouse I bought the other day. Went from there to the 99-Cent store to get two packages of rice cakes and three pounds of tomatoes. I had intended to take the bus home, but my app told me it wouldn't come for 18 minutes. I didn't feel like waiting, so I walked the mile and a half home.
Three pounds of tomatoes doesn't  sound like much, but by the time I got home, it was pretty burdensome and I was glad to unload it. I had a hankering for cauliflower, so walked over to Von's for one.
Had lunch, then did my food prep: cut up the tomatoes and roasted them with chopped onions I had in the freezer, plus seasoning. Divided the cauliflower for microwaving a portion for dinner and stored the rest in the freezer. 
I usually bus into town in the afternoon, but I just didn't feel like it. Instead, I called Nancy to tell her the sad news about Sebastian. She had to have her Chloe put to sleep (I hate the saying "put down") last year and she was very sympathetic. We had a good talk and honed in on three upcoming movies we'd like to see. After that, I just fooled around on the laptop. Got an email from Lynne, of  Dudley House, asking  docents to volunteer to be greeters at the Holiday Boutique and I signed up for 10 to 12 on December 16.
After dinner, Betty called and I was alarmed to hear she had fallen. She had gone to mass, then crossed the street to get the bus and said there was some kind of metal object she tripped over. She hit her face over her eye and the upshot was, she was taken by ambulance to the hospital and got eight stitches. They took x-rays and there doesn't seem to be any permanent damage, but she's staying overnight at Carolyn's just in case. I'll call her later to see how she is.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...