Saturday, November 30, 2019

Fun Day

I had a fun day with my girl!

 El came over about 12:30 and we went to the Luna Grille for lunch. It's relatively new and neither of us had been there before. It's one of those all-fresh, all-unprocessed places that I favor. I had a "beet bowl,' a kind of salad  made with beets, marinated mango, feta cheese, almonds, and a few other things, plus flat bread on the side. Also had a blood orange IPA,  new to me and very tasty.
We went from there to Michael's, which was busy, but not unbearably crowded. El got some craft materials for her third-graders (she had several coupons, plus a teacher discount) and I got a light-up wooden display thing I needed like a hole in the head. Saw some cute balsam wood ornaments for my little grandson that he can paint, then hang on the tree, so had to get two. After that, we went to the 99-cent store, where I stocked up on tissues, napkins, and rice cakes. El then took me home and we said goodbye.
Went over to Von's for lettuce and ran into Chuck, another resident, who said a notice had been hand- delivered to him to the effect that some charges will be added, such as a "water unit" fee and liability insurance. I'll assume I'll get one soon.
I stopped into Suzanne's to tell her this and also to discuss the article on capitalism she had given me. We had a good talk, but didn't resolve anything, of course. I called Gail to thank her for the John Lahr piece on stage fright and she insisted I keep the essay book. Also called Betty, who's still at Steve's in L.A., and talked to her and Robyn. 
Had for dinner what I couldn't finish at Harry's (the rest of the spaghetti and meatballs), watched D.A., and slept soundly all night.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...