Sunday, November 17, 2019

WinCo And Cece

Good grief, I've gone out for lunch this past week on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. That last, yesterday, was with Cece after we met at the Hill Street Library.
At 9:00, though, I went with Suzanne to WinCo and laid in a good supply of heavier things. Of course, most of what I eat is fresh, so I have to get them more often, but I got coffee, fresh cabbage, apples, and Zucchini, along with some frozen things. While I was waiting for Suzanne to check out (this was her two-week shopping), I called Terri, Nancy, and Betty and chatted with each. We were home in plenty of time to put things away and then for me to walk the back way to the library.
It was a good session with Cece. We met as before at 11:30 and were there for about two hours while we went over what she was trying to do. I suggested various setups, plus enhancements to her portrayals. She has to do each of the characters' parts and I strongly suggested she limit them to no more than three. Also, she needs to project distinguishing tones, so the audience doesn't get confused. She had thought she'd break character at the very beginning and address the audience, explaining the premise of the piece (that Edith is picked to be a juror on a high-profile murder case). I argued against this; it will be much more effective to work that into the dialogue. Cece saw that immediately and agreed. Anyway, Cece takes this very seriously and is responsive to my ideas, so I enjoyed our meeting, too.
We naturally decided to go out for lunch and Cece said she'd like to go to a vegan place in midtown. Sure thing, and we drove there.
Unfortunately, it was closed for good. We tried the Japanese place across the street and found that didn't open until 5:00. As we walked toward another place, we passed Pete's Breakfast House and I heard a voice say, "Rosemary, what are you doing here?"  It was Lynne, director of docents at Dudley House (I  love to write that), on the restaurant patio with her brother and sister and their two large labs. We stopped to say hello and decided to eat there, too.
This isn't a lunch place, although it was open then, so there were no salads. I just got a grilled cheese sandwich and water (they don't serve booze), but it was good. We had a good time and after, I told her I'd go uptown, as I usually do. She offered to drive, but I said that wasn't necessary, and took the bus.
Did my usual Main Street circuit, then stopped at the library, read for a bit, and took out a book. Waiting at the bus stop, I consulted my "Where's My Bus" app and found there wouldn't be one coming for twenty minutes. Instead, I walked to Thompson and got the 16. By the time I arrived  home at 5:00 or so, it had gotten pretty chilly--I checked and it was 66 F, yet it had been downright hot in the afternoon; up to 83.



No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...