Monday, November 04, 2019

DSL And Downton Abbey

So Daylight Saving Time, which I hate, but whaddya gonna do?
Did the usual Sunday and then was pleased to get a call from brother Frank. What a good time we had talking! Yes, he has Alzheimer's and his memory is shot, but dammit, he's still my big bro and I love him so much. He told me about the upcoming trip to Baltimore; I didn't tell him that Betty and I had been invited and that I declined, then Betty did. Just as well. Frank said he's also going to visit our cousin, Sally, in San Diego. Not sure how accurate that is, but I called her and left a message.
I was pleased when Ellen called to ask if I'd like to go to Wal-Mart with her. Sure did, and she picked me up. I was able to get some heavy things: black beans in cans, frozen veggies, olive oil, and so on. She then suggested a walk and we drove to a park near Kimball and walked that neighborhood for about forty-five. Good for me and good for her.
Home, I attacked seven large onions; chopped four and stored them in the freezer and dressed the other three with olive oil, Worcestershire, and soy sauce and roasted in my clay onion baker.
Otherwise, I spent a fair amount of time scanning snapshots from the forties of my sibs and me. I think I'll copy a number of them and send to Frank, as he no longer goes on Facebook or, I guess, on the Internet at all.
Niece Carolyn called after dinner and we had a good long chat. She's planning new helps and enjoyment for Betty--what an angel.
I settled down to watch Downton at my usual 8:00. I had seen part 7, but the disc (2) didn't include episode 8. Put in disc 3 and that said "part one." Watched and, clearly, I've skipped a whole episode. In part 7, Mr. Bates was led away in handcuffs and last night, he had been convicted of murdering his ex. In 7, Matthew was never going to see Mary again and last night, they were married.
Damn, I can't figure out where the intervening episode is.
Unfortunately, I slept poorly last night--hope it doesn't continue.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...