Sunday, November 24, 2019

Cleaning And A Cat

Well, I worked my fingers to the bone with housework yesterday! I took up the scatter rugs, dusted and scrubbed the hard floors with the Bona system, then washed everything, plus bathtub anti-slip pad. I even used the Shark here and there and it works fine. Also cleaned the bathroom and dusted various tables and other flat surfaces. Actually, I was finished by noon. It's so much easier to clean an apartment then a house, for which I'm grateful.
I called someone I love to wish her happy birthday and we had a good talk.
Did some food prep, as I do several times a week: Used the mandolin to thin-slice zucchini, added shredded onions and seasonings and put it in the slow cooker for a few hours. Turned out great, as I knew it would.
Had lunch, then took off for town. I had had my eye on a plaid coat I wanted to try it on, but darn, it was gone. I really don't need another coat, so the heck with it.  Stopped at See's Candies at the mall to find out if they send to other countries, but I have to call to find out and was given a catalog. My son, Mike, sent out an email saying what he wants for Christmas and See's was one of the things. I seem to remember that several years ago, I bought him a box and sent it to Singapore myself. Well, I'll look into it. When I got home, I stopped in to see Suzanne; she was going to her cousin's birthday party in Santa Barbara last evening.
Ellen called shortly after I got home with sad news: She had to put Sebastian down, I'm sorry to say. Her cat was 16 years old and she had gotten him from a Siamese rescue place in San Diego almost that long ago. He's been failing lately with a kidney ailment for which the vet said there was no treatment and recently, he had almost stopped eating. I't's so hard to lose a pet and she's gone through this twice before. I feel so sad for her.
El said she and Greg would pick me up on Thanksgiving and we'll go, as we have before, to Harry's in Santa Barbara after we get his mother. Fine by me and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...