Saturday, November 16, 2019

The Ceiling And Arizona

The ceiling still needed work, which gave me the perfect opportunity to skip T.O.P.S.  (I think I deserve a medal for sitting through most the of ever-so-boring meetings, so I didn't feel guilty at all.) I called Cheryl at 8:00 to explain about the ceiling and beg off because I needed to be here when the guys came back to finish. (Well, that was semi-true.)
BUT--the joke was on me. Gabe and Javier did fix my kitchen light (dead bugs under the glass) and Gabe patched up the ceiling hole, but he then came back and showed me that the spray ceiling stuff can was empty. He doesn't work on the weekend, of course, but I really don't care. There's no longer a hole and nothing was damaged, so I'm cool with it.
While they were still here, Suzanne stopped in to view the ceiling. She had twice had a leak over her apartment and actual water came down and ruined her carpet. We chatted a bit and she asked if I wanted to go to WinCo this morning. Sure thing, and we'll go at 9:00. That should give me time to shop, get home and put things away, then walk to the Hill Street library to meet Cece at 11:30.
Before lunch, I walked to Telephone Road; on the way, I found a kind of double-headed machete right next to the sidewalk. The cops were having some kind of memorial ceremony on the county park-like grounds, so I gave it to one of the officers. Hopped a bus to the mall and went to Target for blueberries and the kind of slipper socks I like. Got home and went over to Von's for rock Cornish hens and grapes, both on sale. Finished lunch in my room, as G. and J. were still working, back and forth between my place and upstairs.
Spent some time working up ideas and suggestions for Cece about her Edith portrayal in All In The Family. I also have questions, such as why she picked that particular show and will she try to approximate a Brooklyn accent.
For the first time in weeks, I didn't go into town or anywhere by bus after lunch. Stayed in and worked on the above.
Note: I got a welcome phone call and am now planning a trip to Mesa, Arizona! I've never been to Arizona at all, so I'm thrilled. I'll go for a week or so in January, February, or March--YAY!

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...