Thursday, November 14, 2019

Betty, Beer, And Hemoglobin

Another here and there, round and about, but enjoyable day. Called Betty in the morning to see if she was available on Tuesday; yes, and I'll go to Santa Barbara then.
Walked the back way to the library. Just read for a bit and perused the for-sale books. Bought a tofu recipe book, as I want to try some of them. On my way there, niece Carolyn called and we had a good long talk, mostly about Betty, so of a somewhat disheartening nature. I do think Carolyn felt better after and I know I did.
Home to change my blouse, then I took off for the bus. This time, it didn't come and didn't come--annoying and I called Nancy once I got on to say I'd probably be late getting to the Paradise Pantry where we three were having lunch. However, I got there before they even ordered. I had a kind of duck pate and a Square Squirrel beer, new to me and very hoppy, which I like.
We sat and talked until almost 3:00, then parted. I walked up to the library and took out a bio of Truman Capote. I'm nearing the end of In Cold Blood--the boys are languishing on death row--and I want to read (re-read) how Capote got to Kansas.
I got home about 4:30, unlocked the door, and saw that a piece of the ceiling had fallen. I went immediately to the office, told Bianca, and Gabe, the new maintenance person, came over right away. He ascertained that there's a leak and he'll come in tomorrow to deal with it. In the meantime, he cleared up the mess, moved the table with my T.V. on it, and left a large trash container under the hole and a plastic tarp under that. Am I upset over this? No. It isn't bothering me or damaging anything and I know it will be fixed, so I'm really indifferent.
Took my smaller cart and went over to Von's for lettuce, cottage cheese, and other items. They didn't seem to have nutritional yeast (for a tofu recipe), so I'll check at CVS. Had my remaining Beyond Burger for dinner. That's another thing I'm indifferent about. It's okay, but I'd just as soon have the black bean burgers I made myself.
Note, my medical info is on "My Health," a useful on-line reference, which I get via email. Dr. Jennings added a note yesterday to the effect that my hemoglobin, which was somewhat low, is now normal. I guess the iron pills are working.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...