Sunday, November 03, 2019

Color And Cold

Nothing of note happened yesterday, except that I got my hair done. Up to the very moment when I had to tell Mary, my stylist (that's what all we Hollywood stars say, "my stylist"), asked me what I wanted, I was debating whether to go white or not.
Not.
I had it colored again and told her to cut it shorter than usual and it looks pretty good. It's a bit shorter in the back, the way they do nowadays, and that's fine by me.
Stopped at Target for more blueberries--I'm always afraid they'll run out--and bused home. Found a brochure about "Mercy Housing." It seems arms of the Church are engaged in building apartments for the homeless and others who can't afford decent housing. The program is mostly in the bay area--it would be great to have them start it here.
Betty called, frantically upset because, yet again, she lost something. It's small purse which contained credit, Social Security, and insurance cards. Long story about how it got lost and she wanted to know if I'd seen it. The fact that she's in Santa Barbara and I'm in Ventura, thirty miles away, didn't seem to penetrate.
After dinner, I rang Suzanne's bell and we talked about it Mercy Housing. We also discussed the current fires raging and whether the electric company is liable, at least partially, for much of it. Suzanne thinks not, I think they are. According to an editorial that ran in the Ventura Star, the apparatus was neglected while the execs got big bonuses. I'm the cynic, she's the saint, I  guess. I also told her something about Sister Gabriel and she was interested.
Good grief, when I got up, I saw that it's practically icing over here--temp is 49 degrees!


2 comments:

iloveac said...

Never white unless you are confined to your bed. You are too 'with it' to be a white-haired old lady. At least IMHO.

Mimi said...

My sentiments, exactly, Patti, and thanks for expressing that. You know, when my friend, Nancy, went to white (she had been a natural blonde, then a unnatural blonde), I told her how nice it looked. But she's got naturally wavy hair, now cut short, and yes, it does look attractive--but let's face, she looks considerably older. You wrote exactly what I thought, but I guess I was hesitant to express it. I'm glad you did and that's the end of my "go natural" nonsense!

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...