Saturday, November 23, 2019

Friday

The T.O.P.S. covered dish was, as always, an array of mostly high-calorie foods eaten at nine o'clock in the morning. Sharon brought a big casserole of bow-tie pasta with ham, peas, and other additions. I had some of that and liked it, as I don't ordinarily eat pasta. Carolyn brought turkey sandwiches on Hawaiian rolls; I took off the top part and ate the other half. Aside from that, Cheryl made cookies featured in the T.O.P.S. magazine and there were three different meatball dishes. Absolute insanity, but fun. I just wish if we're going to do this that it could be an afternoon event.
Anyhoo--I weighed in at 129.6, so lost two-tenths of a pound--and that was in two weeks--big whoops, as Betty used to say. However, since I'm not anxious to lose, but just don't want to gain, I'm fine with that.
Betty had called me at 7:30 and when I got home at 10:30 again. She's still very agitated about money with no reason and I'm afraid this paranoia is going to continue.
Walked the back way to drop off books at the library, plus deposit a check at BOA. I then hopped on a bus and rode to the mall/transit center, went to Target and got blueberries and tomatoes. Home and had my usual salad lunch.
After that I did something I haven't for ages: I ironed! Yes, I hauled out the iron and little ironing board El gave me, plus my can of sizing spray, and ironed two blouses. After vacuuming, ironing is my least favorite chores and I hope I won't do it again very soon.
Over to Von's for a few things, then I just hung around, doing this and that. Finally got around to unsubscribing to a lot of superfluous email messages. I had cooked lentils last week, froze some, and had them for dinner after adding stir-fried chopped onions. I've always liked that kind of peasant food and it's good for me, too.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...