Monday, December 02, 2019

Sunday

Pat: Please let me know if you can see the picture.
I didn't get up until 7:30 yesterday, probably because I didn't sleep well. That may have been because I didn't get my regular amount of walking in. Anyway, got up, did the Sunday routine, and felt okay. I had quite a bit of citrus--oranges, tangerines, and "cuties"--so I scrubbed some, cut them up, and put them in the small slow cooker with cinnamon. That made a kind of non-sweet marmalade, which I'll have with dinner (should go well with fish) or mixed with fresh fruit.
Had lunch and left for town. It's still chilly, but I wore my heavy sweater under my lined raincoat and was comfortable. Got off at the library and walked the usual to the museum, then back again. I deviated to Santa Clarita Street to walk up to Main. Caught the bus and got off at the mall to stop in at Target for more blueberries.
But AAGH--they didn't have any! I knew that sooner or later the season would be over, but it still came as a shock. I stopped in at Trader Joe's (they often have samples of cooked foods, plus little cardboard cups of coffee and I take advantage of both) and saw some poinsettias. Incredibly, these were only $3.99, so I bought one. Took it home on the bus, dropped it off, then walked over to Von's for lettuce, grapes, and raspberries. 
Called to Access Van to arrange to be picked up and taken to the the Soaring Spirits dinner tonight. I'm trusting somebody will take me home. Betty called to report on her injury. She got the stitches out and the black and blue marks are fading. I'll see her tomorrow in BB.
I got  my Christmas angel out and arranged a little tableau in the living room:
Today, I set the alarm and got up at 6:30, which I prefer. Slept well.


1 comment:

iloveac said...

Yes, Rosemary. I can see this pretty picture. Wonder why I can't get the others.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...