Sunday, December 29, 2019

Here And There With A Cold

Considering I'm officially sick--a cold!--I got quite a bit accomplished. Suzanne had mentioned that Sears*, which is going out of business, was having a fifty percent off sale. She bought an electric blanket there and I thought I'd like one, too. Bused to the mall and Sears and bought one. However, cheapie though I am, I bought a twin one, although my bed is a full. Now I kind of regret it, but I didn't like the full styles, anyway.
Home, lunch, and I called Ellen. She had had a difficult time getting home after she dropped me off on Thursday and had to take alternate routes. I told her about my experience getting back from SB and she said she had alerted Greg, who was at work, of the horrendous traffic problems. He had planned to drive to SB after work, but instead, went home, then left at 1:30 in the morning.
I had only another dose of Thera-Flu left, so walked to first, the 99-Cent store, then Wal-Mart to get more, plus I picked up some raw black beans, rice cakes, and grapes. Bused home, getting in at 4:00. Stopped at Suzanne to welcome her back from San Diego and we chatted for a bit. I made up my signature ground turkey/shredded onion/garlic/mushroom stir-fry for dinner and boy, was that good.
I'm still using tissues by the ton, but I feel okay. I should probably do a wash today, change the sheets, and try out the new blanket, but am not sure if I will; may put it off to tomorrow..
*I remember when it was called "Sears & Roebuck"

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...