Saturday, December 21, 2019

T.O.P.S. and "Mystic River"

At about a half hour before I had to meet Cheryl outside and go to T.O.P.S., I frantically looked on-line for a program topic and came across this:

 Defining Moment I’ve made up my mind. It’s time to do this.

Each number had its own little blurb, as above. I quickly printed out copies, took them to the meeting and distributed them to members (there were only six besides me). I then guided a discussion after I had each person read "her" number. I asked each to comment on her own experience, then others chimed in. Last minute though it was, it went over big, the group like it and it went over big. I gained a tad--two-tenths of a pound--to 131.8, but I expected more, so was okay with it.
I gave Cheryl a little present for picking me up every week when she dropped me off. Didn't get breakfast until 10:30, then took a load to the laundry, dusted and mopped the hard floors, and otherwise cleaned up for my birthday company today.
As a little extra gift, my daughter-in-law, Paula, had sent my daughters and me each a charming little "scent thing"--I can't remember what it's called. Anyway, I hopped the bus, went to town, and bought a little enamel teapot to simmer it in. Took another bus to the mall and went to Trader Joe's to pick up two bottles of the famous "Two Buck Chuck"--Charles Schwab wine, which now, however, costs two bucks and ninety-nine cents. I'm not going to offer them to my guests, though: I put a white and a red of the better wines I already had, in case anyone wants them.
Showered, washed my hair, and watched the rest of Mystic River. Aside from a slight interest in seeing Sean Penn and David Bacon when they 17 years younger, I found it badly written, over-acted, and depressing as hell.
Eighty-three years ago today, on December 21, 1936, a momentous event took place in Atlantic City, New Jersey--.now, what WAS it ?  Can't seem to put my finger on it...

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Happy Natal day Rosemary. Have fun today and enjoy it all.

Mimi said...

Thank you, my friend, and thanks for the ecard. EIGHTY-THREE--COULD THIS BE ME?

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...