Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Christmasy Stuff

Well, it's getting closer and closer and I'm spending a lot of time on it. I  mean Halloween, of course...
Anyway, I stuck to it today: Walked down Victoria to the 99-cent store for grapes, then Wal-Mart for a few other things. Took the bus back.
As I was leaving, I ran into my neighbor, Gordon Grant, and we chatted. I knew he was on dialysis,  but was surprised to hear he's now doing it himself--that is, at home. I didn't know that was possible. He's also on the list for a transplant, but has been for years. Nice guy and only 57; I'm not sure what caused his kidney failure.
After lunch, I spent hours--literally--on Christmas assemblies and writing out cards. Wrapped and bagged Betty's gifts, but I still have to wrap and send Alison's and those for Joel, Jamie, and the boys.
When I got home, the guys came to change the lock. That took only a short time and Javier came after to give Suzanne and me our keys. We actually got two of them, so I'll give one to Ellen.
Changed my bed and did a white wash. Called the Access Van and found that, to get to the McC.'s house in Santa Paula for the surprise party at 5:00, they'll pick me up at THREE and I'll get there (after switching to another van on Wells Avenue) at 4:00. I called Dean and left a message to tell him that--I hope they don't object to me getting there that early, but I'll just sit around, so I don't think they'll be a problem.
Got two packages, one with the return address of Singapore, so from Mike and Paula. The other, very large is from them, too, from Amazon. I emailed Mike to ask how to handle.. He said the small one is my birthday gift, the other Christmas for his sisters; he asked me to repack and distribute.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...