Friday, December 06, 2019

Yolanda's And Nuts

I left at noon to meet Nancy for lunch at 1:00, but when I got to the mall/transit center, I realized I'd be early if I took a bus the rest of the way, so walked. I got a table and Nance got there shortly after. I reminded her that this--at Yolanda's--is where we actually met, at a Soaring Spirits dinner.  I looked it up on this blog and saw it was on November 2, 2015, so just a few months after I moved to California.
Anyway, we had a good time talking, as ever. We both had carnitas something-or-other, which consists of pulled pork, refried beans, and rice. It was accompanied with tacos and the idea is to roll the stuff up in them. Anyway, it was good, along with a "White Institution" amber beer. Nance had a Margarita with hers.
We went from there to Target where we parted and I took a bus home. I had a card for Greg, who's birthday is tomorrow, so I got off at the P.O. to mail it. Walked home from there, put my things away, then walked over to CVS to take my blood pressure. It was 106/67, which seems okay.
I saw some lovely poinsettia plants there and bought one. As I cut across the grass toward my apartment, I came across a youngish woman near some kids on the playground. She admired my plant and we fell into conversation, discussing the sale of the complex, and so on. Her name is Michelle and I hope to see more of her. When I got home, I made a little Christmas arrangement in the living room, although I haven't even taken out the rest of my holiday stuff.
Renewed my $40 membership in the Ventura museum--what the hell, now that I no longer have car expenses, I'm rolling in dough. There's a open house there tomorrow for members and I think I'll go.
Saw this in Trader Joe's flyer:


 

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...