Saturday, December 28, 2019

Santa Barbara And The 101

Well, I get a lot of good things from Ellen, but what she gave me yesterday wasn't one of them: her cold. I wuz sneezin' and drippin' from da nose all night and the same when I got up.  I considered calling Betty to tell her I couldn't come, but I didn't want to allow a minor illness change my plans, so I took some Thera-Flu, dressed, and set off for the bus. Got to the transit center and onto the 9:43 bus to Santa Barbara with no problem--until, we got onto the 101 and:
https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/2019/12/26/traffic-snow-closed-routes-clogs-highway-101-county/2752172001/
Yes, it was an epic traffic jam and it took me two and a half hours, just to get to Santa Barbara, then another half to Betty's. Anyway, Carolyn and her daughter, Claire, came over and took us to a large mall in Goleta. They had already eaten, but sat with us for awhile, then went to buy clothes at Target. Betty and I had Mexican at The Agave, she a burrito, me, a yummy pork taco.
After, we went to some other stores, then back to Betty's, to pick up something, then Carolyn took me to the library, where the bus to Ventura stops. I waited only 8 minutes and thought, "Hey, this is a piece of cake, compared to my trip here..."
WRONG. We sat on the entrance ramp for about twenty minutes just to get on the 101; after that, it was all inch-by-inching along and didn't get to Carpetaria for almost an hour. Anyway, it finally eased up a bit and I got to the transit center, took the 6 bus home, and got in at 7:30.
Before bed, I took more Thera-Flu and was amazed that I slept through until 5:30.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...