Saturday, December 07, 2019

Rain

Went to T.O.P.S. and was up a little, to 131.6, but I'm not concerned. The meeting itself was semi-dull, but I got through it. Home after 10, so as usual on Friday, didn't have breakfast until late. Called the Access Van to ask that they pick me up for the Alzheimer's program at the Marriott in Oxnard today. I'd be happier to take the bus except I don't know where the place is.
After that, I walked down Victoria to Telephone, then caught a bus to WinCo. At that point, it started to rain lightly and I hadn't brought my umbrella, but I didn't mind getting a little wet. Picked up the fajitas, Dave's Killer Bread, and Mr. Clean I wanted and I was proud of myself for getting only those three and not adding more.
Instead of the direct route--bus no. 11 to Victoria, then no. 6--I took the 11 to the transit center and was lucky enough to get the no. 10, which stops right outside my apartment complex.... Oh, good  grief! Am I nuts?  Who in the hell cares what number bus I take, anyway? I must have a compulsion or something to record this crapola. The fact is, though, that I'm pleased I'm now able to navigate pretty well around town.
Okay, bused back to the transit center, which is at the mall. Niece Carolyn called while I was riding to ask about my supplemental health insurance, as Betty may benefit from a different one. Went to Trader Joe's and got something that's a secret, plus another large and incredibly beautiful red poinsettia.  It was kind of a drag to carry it, plus my trusty nylon bag full of the other four things, which are in cans, but I made it okay.
I'd no sooner dropped them off then I trekked over to Von's for ground turkey and salmon. Good thing I took my umbrella this time because then it began to rain in earnest. Made turkey onion stir-fry for dinner and it was yummy

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...