Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Outside--Monday

After being stuck inside virtually all day Sunday, I was determined to get out yesterday. It was raining steadily and pretty cold, but I put on my raincoat, rain boots, wool hat, and gloves, unfurled my umbrella, and started out. I walked the mile and a half to Wal-Mart and it was actually very pleasant. There was no wind--if there had been, I wouldn't have enjoyed it--and it seemed calm and peaceful.
Calm and peaceful didn't describe Wal-Mart, however. It was jammed, with shoppers frantically looking for last-minute junk, I guess. I bought what I came for--cocktail sauce, tissues, and a few other things--then took the bus home.
Ellen called and we discussed my visit; she suggested--and I took her up on it--that I call the Access Van to get to her place. They'll pick me up about 10:30, so I should be there between 11 and noon.
After lunch, I remembered that, last year, I  had given Calvin, Carolyn's Australian shepherd, a soft plastic squeeze toy of a pig, which he immediately torn into little shreds with teeth and nails. It was horrifying and hysterical at the same time and we all got a kick out of it, so I decided to get him another. I hopped on the bus and went back to Wal-Mart and bought that, as well as a little toy for Dexter's cat.
Trader Joe's is next door, so I stopped in there and bought their fiber bread and some nice tuna steaks.
Bused home and stopped at Von's for romaine, which Ellen asked me to bring for our lunch today. Went next door to Suzanne's to give her a little present and we chatted. She'll be away over Christmas at her brother's in San Diego for three or four days.
Darn, I had a hard time sleeping last night. Woke up for the usual at 12:30, then couldn't get back for several hours.



No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...