Thursday, December 05, 2019

Motor Vehicle And My Boy

Got up at 6:30 and was dismayed to see it was raining. However, I was determined to finally get my Real ID, so resolved to go to the DMV for the third time (I didn't have the right documents before). As it turned out, the rain stopped, although it seemed a bit chilly when I started out. Halfway down Victoria, it got warm and wouldn't you know, I had my knitted hood/scarf and wool  mittens on. I took them off and was able to fit them in my nylon bag and just carry them.
Got to the DMV about 11:00 and left at 12:45. When I got there, I was asked if I had completed the application on-line. Damnit, no I hadn't known about it, so had to sit down there and do it. That took about 20 minutes, after which I waited to be called--at least they provide chairs.
Once I got to the right window, it went smoothly. Actually, the young woman who waited on my was remarkably pleasant and friendly. In fact, most of those I've had dealings with there have been, although I'm sometimes anything but.
Anyway, stopped at Von's for lettuce, had lunch late, then bused to town. By that time, it was after 4:00 and I just browsed at a few stores, then came home. Didn't get in until dark, but I'm okay with that now; I just use the flashlight on my phone when necessary.
Betty called with another talk of woe about her lost IPad. She'll just have to get another one, I guess.
I had a nice piece of tilapia and spinach for dinner, then put a "happy birthday" post on Facebook for  my dear boy, my youngest, one of the four I love most in the world. He's fifty-three today--how is that possible? I can't even believe I'M fifty-three.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...