Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Town And The Party

Opened the smaller Singapore package from Mike and found three pretty jars with instructions for making a Christmasy scent by adding water, citrus, and rosemary.  I'll give my daughters the other two and will use it on Saturday.
Walked to the post office to  mail Christmas cards--I still have more to send--then hopped a bus to town. I wanted to to revisit the handmade place and get more cards--I just happen to like the ones they have. Did than, then bused back.
Dean McC. called me back about the party and said there was no problem at all about arriving early. He said his sister would be there and I said I could help set up. Lunch, then showered and dressed. Went out to wait for the van and was on my way to the party.
Well...I could have done without it. After some mix-up in two places with the vans, I got there close to five, which was better than earlier. A number of Dean's and Alex'es relatives and friends were bringing in food and drink (no alcohol)* and I was welcomed, but felt a bit in the way. There were about ten kids there, from tots to teens, come watching a Disney show on the gigantic T.V. screen in the very small living room.
Anyway, Alex got there, all yelled "surprise!," she was touched, the food was good, the cake mediocre (it was from a box), and I didn't know anyone there except when--finally--Greg and Susan from the show, who are closer to my age, came in late. Luckily, I was able to find a friend of Alex'es, who was from Ventura to take me home. I cancelled the return trip by Access Van and got home a bit before 8:00.
There, I watched the final episode of Downton Abbey and now I'll have to trash the television. 
*I remember Dean telling me he had a problem with alcohol and no longer drank.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...