Wednesday, December 11, 2019

"Knives Out"

I  met Nancy at 10:00 at the Midtown and we saw Knives Out.  
We both loved it!  The story line was reminiscent of Agatha Christie and had more ins and outs than a sewing machine. It was fun to see Daniel Craig as a southerner--from the U.S., not the U.K.--with an corn pone accent you could cut with a knife. Christopher Plummer was great as the victim and Jamie Lee Curtis as one of his grasping children.
After, we went to Masa Sushi for Japanese, which was very good. We parted after making a tentative date for next week; Nance has something for me and I have something for her. I walked down to the museum, stopping in a few stores on the way.  Decided to take the number 6 to Target at the mall and get my supply of blueberries, but narrowly missed a bus. A nice woman offered to drive me down Main to Telegraph and I accepted, first asking if she was a serial killer. She said no and I told her I was, but only on Sundays. I enjoyed talking to her so much, I forgot about Target. She dropped me at Victoria and I walked home. I freshened up a little (that's a euphemism for visiting the bathroom), then went right back out and got the bus for the mall.
Walking from the stop to Target, I passed Johnson Dental, went in, and made an appointment for January 8.  I had been trying to force myself to do this for months--I'm terrified of the dentist, having been traumatized as a child--and was glad I finally did.
Got the blueberries, went back and bused home. Called El and we talked for 45 minutes. She was driving, on her way to Fullerton (a three-hour drive), for a lecture by the author of  Love and Logic in the Classroom. She'll stay overnight, having arranged to have a sub today for her class. I asked if she'd take me to the thrift store to donate some of my Christmas stuff and she will, over the weekend.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...