Monday, December 23, 2019

Draggy And Drippy

As usual, it was a draggy Sunday and the day after my birthday to boot--I'm getting older by the minute. To top it off, it started to rain in a desultory, drippy way. That was just after I walked over to Von's for lettuce and Brussels sprouts.
Had lunch, then trimmed the sprouts, dressed them with Italian seasoning and a few wedges of fresh lemon (from Ellen's tree!), and put them in to slow cook. Used my mandolin to shred a large onion and stowed that in the freezer for later.
Aside form that, I mostly moped around on the laptop. Went into Amazon Japan and finally managed to get a gift card off to Tokyo, which should be delivered today. It started raining more seriously in the afternoon and, according to the forecast, it will continue all day AND will start up again on Christmas. All right, we need rain, but I, for one, consider it a serious annoyance.
Called Nancy and we chatted, sharing our mutual horror at the cost of sending anything anywhere. I very often must spend three times as much or more than contents are worth in mailing packages to Singapore. She has a friend in the U.K. with whom she exchanges gifts and a similar situation prevails.
I spent an age on-line trying to get an email gift card from Amazon Japan, to be sent directly to the recipients. I wanted it for 5000 yen, but it kept coming up 10,000. Frustrated, I just ordered one to be delivered through the mail. I specified today, but who knows if that will work out.
Had salmon for dinner, along with the sprouts and spinach. Fooled around on the laptop, then watched the rest of Rear Window. I'm afraid this is a movie that hasn't aged very well  The acting is stilted, the story line predictable, and all the participants are dead.
However, I slept well, so that's something.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...