Friday, December 20, 2019

The Cave

I finally tackled the mounds of paperwork I needed to file and got them put away. After the new year, I want to weed out the separate files--I don't think I need Colony Park info or triple A or the car stuff. If I get really ambitious, I'll examine and discard the paper therein.
Left at noon and walked Victoria to Telephone, then another half-mile or so until the bus came. Met Nancy at The Cave and we happily entered for lunch.
The Cave is one of our favorite places. It's really a wine bar (you put money on your Cave card, then insert it in the wine machines and get your Chardonnay, Merlot, or whatever). However, I get beer as a rule and Nancy usually has a flute of champagne. We did yesterday and both ordered a big, juicy hamburger--I'm going downright crazy with the red meat.
I gave Nance her gift, a tin of "Nuts About Rosemary" and she got a kick out of it.  She gave me a pair of socks in a pretty pale green/lavender shade, with some intricate stitching reminiscent of smocking. Of course, she had knitted them herself; I'll wear them tomorrow at our birthday gathering.
Ellen called while we were having lunch to ask if she could come over later and borrow my hand mixer. Well, of course. Nancy dropped me off nearby at WinCo and I got spinach, bread, and a few other items. Took the 11 bus to the mall, then the 10 home. El came and left a large package for Betty, plus a gallon of vanilla in the freezer. I was tempted, but forgot about it, I'm happy to say.
Bereft of Downton Abbey, I watched an hour of Mystic River, one of the CDs I picked up at The Coalition. It's okay, but only just.
Now I'd better try to figure out what program I'm going to run at T.O.P.S. When is it? Why, two hours from now, at 8:45.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...