Sunday, December 15, 2019

Saturday

I got plenty done yesterday. Wrapped the Singapore presents and walked to the P.O. to send them. Whether they'll get there by Christmas is problematic--and the footloose family leaves for Japan on the 25th--but if not, they'll just have to be for later.
Went to the office to get my new key for the pool enclosure, side gate, and laundry. On the way, I met up with Lauren, little Brindley's mother, and another neighbor, Debbie.  We commiserated on the inconveniences associated with the new owners, especially the dog thing, but we'll have to live with it.
Debbie works in property management herself, but she works in Encino, which is a distance from here. I'm not clear on whether she has a place there, too, and comes here only on weekends, or not, but she's had her place here for twenty years.
Got  my key and the office person said new locks for our apartments are being installed. Mine should be done tomorrow, but late in the day. The resident has to go over and get the new key after they're installed. Manager Bianca--oh, I forgot, she's now "community director"--will stay late, I was told, but I'm concerned about how late. I'm going to the surprise party for Alex in Santa Paula at 5:00 and I'm wondering if she'll be here when I get home. Darn, I'll have to find that out.
After lunch, I took the bus to town. Walked Main Street, stopping in here and there at the shops I frequent. I bought Christmas cards and some gift bags. Ellen called and we firmed up our plans for today. She'll pick me up at Dudley House, go here for lunch, then take my stuff to Goodwill. We'll also go to a  few other stores for this and that.
My brother, Jim, called once again to get Betty's phone number. I'm not sure what the problem is, but he says he can never get it to work. I'll give it to him again and/or send it in writing.
Stopped at the mall on my way home, just to get blueberries.  Put my goods away and knocked on Suzanne's door to chat a bit. Cooked up some fresh shrimp and string beans for dinner. Have been too busy later to make myself a proper dinner, but will one of these days.

No comments:

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Dian...