Thursday, July 18, 2019

Ojai And Sally Field

Drove to Ojai after breakfast to perform my motherly duties. Sebastian had left a little--uh, a little something on the floor in the living room, but luckily, it was on a hard surface. Cleaned that up, but decided to wait for the litter box and other chores until my later shift.
Home and exchanged emails with Nancy and Carolyn re Happy Hour. Nancy later called and we had a good chat. We decided on SeaFresh in Ojai at 4:00 today, since it's closer to all of us (I'm going to sleep over at El's tonight and possibly tomorrow). Got next week's rehearsal schedule from Jeff, plus a request to provide a short bio for the program.
Instead of driving, I opted for the bus--rather, buses. After lunch, I hopped on the number 6, got off at the library and took back a book I had gotten out only a few days ago. It was about unsolved crimes, which interest me, but it was both dull and dated, so back it went. Checked the new book section and found Sally Field's memoir, In Pieces, and took it out.*
Walked to Thompson Ave and got the number 16 to Ojai. Instead of walking the mile and some (it was hot as hell), I took the trolley, which is actually like a jitney gussied up. That got me to Lomita and I just had a short walk to El's. Fed S., watered the outside plants, put fresh in the vases, tidied up a bit, and left in an hour or so. Took another "trolley" to the major bus stop. That got me to the transit center and I hopped a opposite direction number 6 home. By the way, all these conveyances, including the "trolley" are free for me--lucky me, to be over 75!
All through the day, of course, whether aloud or silently, I was running my lines.
*Started it at El's and oh, yes, this is a goody.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...