Tuesday, July 02, 2019

Chuggin'

Still chuggin' along pretty busy.
I was all set to have fits and conniptions when the store where I got the bead kit refused to refund my money, but--surprise! The manager was as courteous and conciliatory as can be and gave me full credit for it. I bought blueberries, grapes, and a few other things, and the tab, because of the refund, came to two bucks and change. Home to put stuff away, then walked to the bus stop.
I rode the bus down Victoria, then walked the mile or so to Stone Fire grill, and got there at noon. Only seven of us showed (Nancy wasn't feeling well, but Carolyn was there), but I had a fine time. Talked in depth to Deidre and Susan, with Carolyn, as usual, listening.
We broke up about 1:30 and, rather than take the bus, I opted to walk to WinCo, maybe a half mile away. Got a few things--always mindful of the weight when I'm not driving--then hopped the two buses home. Put the things away and decided to skip town in favor of washing clothes. I put them in and when I got back, Suzanne rang my bell.
She presented me with a beautiful zucchini one of her diabetes students gave her, but also wanted to talk about her fibromyalgia. She said her arm and shoulder have been very painful for several weeks and she isn't sure if she can continue in her present job. Knowing my background in HR, she asked me for some ideas to possibly present to her boss. I mentioned something I had recommended for an professional employee: a hiatus of six months, during which we hired a temporary person. After that time, the person had gotten her life in order and was able  to continue in her regular job. We discussed a few other ideas and I think she appreciated talking to me. I sometimes forget that she must get lonely at times, as I do and I was glad to talk to her. I hope she isn't "offering it up," as I was encouraged to do when I was a kid. Of all the inanities of religion, it seems to me that takes the cake.
Called El, who's with the girls in San Luis Obispo (at the Madonna Inn--lucky them) to tell her I decided not to skip rehearsal tomorrow night. I thought I'd stay over her place tonight, instead, but I'm not sure if I want to do that, either. Actually, I think I might just drive there early on the fourth, Thursday, then stay over to Friday.


No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...