Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Ojai And Fruit

Set the alarm for 5:30 and got up then. I don't like to get up much later; of course, that means I go to bed earlier than most people, usually at 9:00.
Had breakfast at 7:30, a half hour early, then set off for Ojai in the car. I was pleasantly surprised that the traffic wasn't bad. Got to E.'s, fed S., cleaned his poopy box, then followed the suggestion (El had written out some things) that I take the veggies and fruit in the fridge.
Back in Ventura, I stopped and parked at the museum, then walked to the library to get at least a mile-and-some in. Took out a book on unsolved murders and walked back. Got home about  11:15 and spent 45 or so on food prep: Trimmed and par-cooked the broccoli, sliced the strawberries for the freezer, cut up the sweet peppers and combined them with onions to have for stir-fry tonight.
Suzanne left me five little grape tomatoes--damn, her crop is already coming in and my plants are still green! Could it be because she's a better farmer/gardener than I am? Nah. I didn't put the tomatoes in my lunch salad, but just ate them out of hand--better than candy.
I ran into Suzanne at our parking spaces and we chatted for some time. She leaves tomorrow for a two-week vacation (family reunion, plus religious retreat) and I'll pick up her mail. Since I might stay in Ojai both tonight and tomorrow night, I might not see her until she gets back.
Went to Smart 'n' Final and a few other places for grapes and berries. Drove back to El's and did my chores, plus fed kitty about 5:00. I took grapes and cherries from her fridge, as she had suggested. There's also a nice baby watermelon in there; think I'll have it or part of  it when I stay over.


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...