Friday, July 26, 2019

Stella And Others

Early on, I emailed my three cohorts that I was going to skip Happy Hour at Lemon y sal because I had rehearsal at 6:00. This generated much confusion by our youngest member, whom I''m convinced has early-onset Alzheimer's.
Got a color wash done; I think I'll do a whites and sheets today. Called Jim C. to tell him I haven't yet heard back from Anne, at The Townshouse about the wine and music Friday, so that's out today. Stella called about 11:00 to ask if I could go with her to the botanic garden to walk and I immediately accepted. She picked me up and we drove to town, first stopping at a new thrift store, where I bought two books and slacks, for a total of seven dollars. We drove the City Hall, parked there, then walked up, up, up to the gardens and further up to top. What a magnificent view! The harbor, the Pacific Ocean, and a lot of Ventura were spread out below us. The walk was good and strenuous, too, which was fine by me.
Went to lunch at a Mexican place I've passed many times, but never went went into. I had three small tacos, refried beans, and rice, plus a refreshing Corona; that took care of dinner, of course. I told Stella I'd take the bus home, as we were closer to Oakview than my place and it was a nice day, anyway. Got home about 3:30, jumped in the shower, washed my hair, dressed, and went to rehearsal at 6:00.
For the first time, we were with the cast of one of the other short plays, including Jannelle and Erica, who play my granddaughters in our Welcome Home. Our director, Jeff, is married to Shannon, who directed the other play.* We acted as audience while they went on as they did for us.**
Home while still daylight, which was great, and I settled down to my blueberries and Frasier.  Got a text from Stella, asking if I wanted to go to a talk at the museum tonight. It's by Ivor Davis on his new book on the Manson killings and sure, why not, I'll go.
Off to T.O.P.S. now.
* I told them I just knew she got where she is because she's sleeping with the director. They must hear this a lot--they're married and have two kids.
**They did pretty well, but need some work, particularly a thirtyish woman who has a very short comedic part. She displayed little energy, which, it seems to me, is the paramount quality for any actor. Anyway, it was wonderful to see and we applauded happily and there was nowhere else I'd rather be...I'M A POET--HA!



No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...