Tuesday, July 09, 2019

Monday

Happily, I slept soundly all night until I got up to use what was sometimes genteelly called "the necessity." Stayed up, as it was almost 5:00 and I felt fine.
After coffee, I took about a mile walk around the neighborhood--I had been neglecting that early session and want to get back to it.
I've been having a busy summer and I love it that way, especially being with Ellen and the girls. At the same time, that means a lot of everyday stuff is neglected and yesterday, I was able to attend to  most of it. Had to sign and send something certified to my home insurance company and look into the new AAA contract. There's an office nearby and I think I'll stop in to firm it up.
After lunch, I drove to the P.O., then to WinCo and two small stores for fresh spinach, blueberries, and other goodies. I somehow managed to lose eight dollars, which annoyed me no end; I think I dropped the wad in the 99-Cent store.
Called Betty to tell her I'd be there today and we'll go to lunch. I was glad to hear she wanted to go to the monthly birthday party they hold at her place, as I don't want to go, That means I can leave early enough to get the 2:20 bus back to Ventura.
Went to town on the bus and dropped my book off at the library, then walked Main up and back. I stopped back into the library to take out a huge and heavy book on Fellini films. Am I interested in Fellini or, for that matter, Italian films? No, but my character in the play is a devotee of foreign films and even says, early on, "I just love Italian films." Since Director Jeff decided I'm not going to be knitting (yay!), but will be reading a book, I thought that would be appropriate. Possibly, Jeff will want me to hold it so the audience can see it.
I had bought a nice piece of tilapia and had that for dinner with acorn squash and the rest of the zucchini/onion casserole I put together the other day. Yum.

No comments:

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...