Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Santa Barbara

Full day, as always. Did the Santa Barbara run, during which I called Nancy and we discussed Happy Hour and other weighty topics. The Coastal Express was hung up in a humongous traffic jam on the Pacific Coast Highway, which made me a half-hour late to Betty's. However, no prob.
My sister was dressed in a khaki-colored culottes, good-looking sandals, and an electric blue top with sparkles on it. Boy, she looked like a million bucks, which I told her. She usually wears awful bag-lady-big-wide polyester pants, which went out with World War II, plus busily printed tops. This was a great improvement.
We went down the street to the dreary Natural Cafe.  All right, it's not dreary, but I resent standing at a counter to order, then getting my own utensils--geez, like McDonald's, but ten times as pricey. Actually, the sandwich and salad were pretty good.
Went back to Betty's and had cherry Popsicles on her patio. Mookie called and I talked to her, too.  Jersey is sweltering, of course, but she has central air and rarely goes out.
I left about 2:30 and got the 3.37 home. Called Diane, who's just back from Chicago and we had a nice chat. Ellen called and I was delighted to hear her voice; they had a ball in NM and we made a date for Saturday. Later, I saw a message from Jeff that we have "work day" for the show from 10 to 4:00 then, so I may have to ask if we can meet for dinner instead of lunch. Blew in about 5:45 and stopped at Von's for butter spray (I know it's loaded with chemicals, but I'll die happy), picked up the mail, then home.
Activity coming up: The Promenade walk and lunch with Gail today, plus rehearsal at 6:30; Happy Hour tomorrow; T.O.P.S. on Friday; and either Ellen or "work day," or both on Saturday. Somewhere in there, I have to do a wash or I'll be keeping these dates in the nude.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...