Monday, July 01, 2019

Fun With Family

Full, fun day with family and theatre.
My girl, my boy, and my grand-girls came over about 10:00 and we walked next door to Von's. They picked up lunch fixings, packed it up, then we drove to the beach. Here's Violet, looking like an old-fashioned beach beauty:
I, of course, didn't even wear a bathing suit, as it was too windy for me to dream of going in the frigid Pacific. Violet, Daddy, and El though, had lots of active fun. Viv, slender as a reed, put her feet in, but not otherwise, for which I didn't blame her. We ate our lunch (I had a Von's salad--not nearly as good as mine), then I said I needed to get home to clean up for rehearsal. Viv suggested we go to the pool(and hot tub!) at my place, so we left about 1:00. While they enjoyed the amenities, I showered, washed my hair, and changed, then joined them to watch for an hour or so. They finally packed it in and came back to my place to shower (Mike) or rinse (V. and V.) or just to dry off (El). We found a turtle in the grass and V. and V. argued over whether to leave it or take it to my place. We did the latter, put it on my patio, and gave it water and lettuce. It later wandered off.
I had bought the girls a bead bracelet-making kit and when Viv and El tried to use it, it simply didn't come together, even though they consulted instructions on the Internet--I'm taking the damn thing back. They stayed until about 5:00, then left. Mike won't be back until July 13.
I told El I'd go over to her place and feed Sebastian while she takes the girls to San Luis Obispo tomorrow. I have the widder group lunch today, then we have to sort out who goes where when. I want to join the peace group in the Ojai Fourth of July parade, so we'll see how that goes.
Rehearsal (6 to 8 pm) went well, although I have to buckle down and get off-book before too long. We changed a fair amount of blocking and I want to get that down pat, of course. I think, but am not sure, we have rehearsal on Wednesday from 6:30 to 9:00; must check on that.
Betty called during rehearsal to tell me something about Carolyn's visit to New Orleans. I'm not sure if what she said--that my SIL's niece actually works there at Pat's great-niece's restaurant--is accurate or not. Must text her.
Note: I have no idea why the text went to the middle as it did. I think it has something to do with the picture, but I'll just let it stand.

    

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...