Saturday, July 20, 2019

Ojai, Insurance, And Ice Cream

I debated with myself whether to go to T.O.P.S. or not, but finally decided I would. Fed S. and left for Ventura about 8:00. Weighed in at 129.6, which is more than a pound up from last time (128.5). However, I'm fine with that, as it's still within my window. Only eight of us were at the meeting, if you can dignify such a disorganized, lackadaisical gathering as a meeting. This one was mainly a kind of "Me, Too" therapy session.
We have a book that gets passed around so each member can record her exercise for the week in miles; I usually just make something up. Headquarters has now devised a new promotion: "a million minutes" in exercise and is urging chapters to strive for that (oh, Zeus, spare me this). They sent out  new record sheets, one for each, and the cretins now want us to use minutes when we record our exercise. Ho-kay, I'll just fabricate that, also.
Went home for breakfast and to get a bit done around the place. I was happy to get a call from New Mexico; Ellen and Greg are having a fabulous time, which I was thrilled to hear. They both love the place and especially Santa Fe, where they went directly from the airport in Albuquerque and stayed for two days. Spent tedious time on the phone with my homeowners insurance agent about one of those bureaucratic mix-ups. I'm pretty sure it's resolved now, but so annoying...
I gathered up some things to take back to El's, as I decided to stay over last night, too. I thought I might bus to town before I went back to Ojai, but instead, lay down and took a nap. I'm not sure if I actually slept, but I did get a two-hour lie-down. After that, I didn't know what to do with myself, my laptop still being at El's, so I did something I haven't done for literally years: I turned on the television in the daytime. Watched two episodes of Forensic Files, then had enough. Ate a sketchy dinner of mostly broccoli and the last of the carrots, then packed up and left.
Instead of going directly to El's, I drove further to downtown Ojai to see if the peace demonstrators were there. They were, and I joined them. They do this every Friday from 5:00 to 6:00 and have since 2004. My tribe. 
Back to El's to feed S. and to indulge my sinful pleasure: rocky road ice cream, of which I had two bowls. I understand this contains no calories, as I didn't buy it myself, right?



No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...