Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Ojai And Daughter Duties

My last day of Daughter Duties was full, but enjoyable. Drove to Ojai after breakfast, fed kitty, watered the outside flowers, and cleaned up paw prints that Sebastian somehow tracked on the wood floor. (I think they were from the kitty litter gravelly stuff.)  Locked up and left.
Parked the car at the museum in town and walked to the library, as I used to do. I had requested Girl On A Train, which Nancy has recommended, although I'm still in the Sally Field memoir.  I was emailed that the book was being held for me, but when I got there, I found the audio version. Talked to the librarian and he found the print one. I had also wanted Andrew Yang's new book* and the on-line catalog said it was checked in, but I couldn't find it. The same librarian looked, but he couldn't find it, either, so I reserved it. (Yang is one of the many democrat presidential candidates.)
Back to the car, then home for lunch, stopping to get Romaine first. Ate, then did some computer stuff, then called Betty to tell her I'd come to Santa Barbara today.  Called Nancy and caught her in the doctor's office for a shot in her knee. She had had a cough and said she still didn't feel up to par; asked me to call her while on the bus today.
I revised my program bio for the show; Jeff wants them no more than 150 words and no wonder, as it's a huge cast (four different plays, plus band). He wants it by Sunday. I had asked about head shots, but he isn't using them--fine by me.
Went to WinCo for chicken fajitas and fresh spinach. By this time, it was after 4:00, and I called Ellen to see when she and Greg would be home. I caught her in the Albuquerque Airport; she said probably not until midnight, so I went over to Ojai again.
Fed S., tidied up a bit, and found some nice Birdseye frozen Asian vegetables with sauce in the freezer. I appropriated them (I knew El would be find with that) and microwaved them for dinner. Left El some notes and drove home. Stopped at Dollar Tree to buy low socks (I wear men's, as they fit better on my big feet), and that was my here-and-there day.**

*The War on Normal People: The Truth About America's Disappearing Jobs and Why Universal Basic Income Is Our Future 

**Of course, throughout the day, over and over, I repeated my lines. And repeated. And repeated. I think I know them well enough now to add some nuances to my characterization.  

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...