Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Ojai And Dinner

After breakfast, I drove out to get lettuce and other necessities. Did a lot of computer stuff, as well as chores. Recorded my monologues and went over and over them. Had lunch, then took off to get the 3:05 bus to Ojai. I always have to get off on Route 33, the main drag, then walk the mile or so to Ellen's.
Boy, was it hot--up to 85, but it wasn't unbearable, as I don't think the humility is anything close to what you get in Jersey. Stella had asked me to remind her about the widder dinner, so I did. Since she lives in Oak View, near Ojai, I suggested she pick me up near El's and we'd go together.
Got to El's, turned on the air, picked up her mail, cleaned the kitty litter, brought her three trash containers up from the street, and fed Sebastian. I stayed reading one of Greg's nutrition books--I was gratified to see the recommendations were close to what I follow. Stayed until about 5:30, then walked to the cross street where Stella picked me up.
As ever, I enjoyed dinner with my tribe. I guess there were about fifteen of us there, including Stella's friend, Carol, who has horses and whom I like a lot. Much fun with Gayle and Vera, plus Greg and a newbie and nice-bie, Shannon. Hmm...I think she and Greg are close in age--middle fifties, maybe--and they sure seemed to be deep in conversation. Maybe there's a match  there. Stella took me home and I got in before 8:00. Today, it's back to Ojai after breakfast, but I'll drive, as I won't be indulging in any booze.
Here's the poster Jeff sent for our show. Since I've so far rehearsed only with the case in my own play, I had forgotten it includes music, also. I think the other particulars--admission charge, showtimes, and so on-- will be out today.
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, text

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...